At the Lure of Middle-earth you should expcect that all games are played by the following rules – as long as you have not agreed to anything else with your team mates. (As Lord of the Rings LCG is a cooperative game you can always decide to play by your own rules, as long as all players agree. Only the following tournament events have to be played according to the official rules: Nightmare Survival Mode und Dark Lord’s Draft.)
1. The most up to date rules can be found in the English FAQ 1.9 (Download)
2. In addition the followin Errata are used, as they have been included in current printings, but have not been added to the FAQ yet:
- A Burning Brand: Attach to a Lore character. Restricted. Response: Exhaust A Burning Brand to cancel a shadow effect just triggered during an attack that attached character is defending.
- Erebor Battle Master: Erebor Battle Master gets +1 Attack for each other Dwarf ally you control. (Limit +4 Attack.)
- Legacy of Durin: Attach to a Dwarf hero. Response: After you play a Dwarf character from your hand, exhaust Legacy of Durin to draw 1 card.
- Thrór’s Map: Attach to a hero. Travel Action: Discard Thrór’s Map to choose a location in the staging area. Make that location the active location. (If there is another active location, return it to the staging area.)
3. The Lure-of-Middle-earth promo card – which every first time participant gets – can be played at all special events – except for the Nightmare Survival Mode und the Dark Lord’s Draft.
4. All cards/expansions from the An Unexpected Party fan project are legal to play at any event at the Lure of Middle-earth.