2019 The Free Races of Middle-earth

Find a teammate, discuss rules or plan new Special Events for the upcoming convention.
doomguard

Re: 2019 The Free Races of Middle-earth

Post by doomguard » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:07 pm

TEW wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:35 pm

The point is, it requires specific deckbuilding to do it.

And that will be hard, especially since the groups might just form on the event.
true. but then even with mono-race each, its possible. but every one should be able to build a good defender. if every member try to get a defender who can survive the str 7 attack the chances are not bad.

doomguard

Post by doomguard » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 pm

i cannot join the race-event on sunday because i will do the nightmare. but

1. on saturday i would like to join others in an unofficial race-game (i will take 2 race-decks with me)
2. this deck can be used by others to improve the defenses

if this deck takes part, thx to dori, every deck (except hobbits) can defend the str 7 attack of the dragon (if he has a hero with def+hp at least 6 with can be done by every race except hobbits) from the beginning. https://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/11134 ... i-race-1.0

TEW

Post by TEW » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:50 am

Yep. Dori is one approach I was thinking about as well for a 4P fellowship. You will need some healing at some point, of course, and extra defense, but it will make the defending part pretty doable from the get go (thanks to the "no shadow card" for those attacks), thus giving you a little more time to build up.

And dwarves can also put out some decent willpower, which is also needed in the scenario. I wouldn't make it an almost pure fighting deck, since it's too much of a waste of Dain's WP bonus. The necessary Damage is easier done by Silvans with all their ranged attackers.

doomguard

Post by doomguard » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:00 am

TEW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:50 am
(thanks to the "no shadow card" for those attacks),
hell, yea......

TEW wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:50 am
And dwarves can also put out some decent willpower, which is also needed in the scenario. I wouldn't make it an almost pure fighting deck, since it's too much of a waste of Dain's WP bonus. The necessary Damage is easier done by Silvans with all their ranged attackers.
psst ;) i thought i had an excuse to make a dwarffightingdeck only with fency things like well equipped etc... ^^

to increase efficiency you are right, in some cases. if you play with noldor and rohirrim who both have good questing the fighting dwarfes are perhaps better. at most combinations you are more efficient with a green hero (bifur) for gimli and make it the swarm with Legacy of Durin. this would be more flexible but less cool.

doomguard

Post by doomguard » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:49 pm

i think u are more up to a more flexible soloution with bifur and many cheap green dwarfallies (recomand mlligan for the legacy): https://ringsdb.com/decklist/view/11224 ... i-race-1.0

this one can also played solo and with some luck, the battlemasters are as good as gimli, in time..... defenitly a more safe option